Tuesday 12 June 2012

J U S T . L I K E . CC’S . C A N ’ T . S A Y . N O.

J U S T . L I K E . CC’S . C A N ’ T . S A Y . N O.

 
 
 
okkeeeeyyyy Dokey…. so i have a confession to make (which is made obvious by the time stamp on my last post) it has been two weeks since my last injection to tumblr…and lets just say A LOT HAS GONE DOWN!

You will be pleased to know - the sniper has lowered his weapons…and Bambi has started to work out how to untangle her limbs and throw some.straight.up.hay-makers! (anyone else invisiging a brown haired dear with white spots punching the hunter that killed her mum…no…me…neither…jog on)

Anyways…off track I go…I am doing well - the ‘Gary Jack’ is travelling well - the physio is doing less ‘I’m not angry, I’m just dissapointed’ stares at me whilst his elbow is …’elbow deep’… into my poor aching muscles - so that’s a tick right?! RIGHT!

SO - I have decided when the word ‘Corporate’ is added to any training group - it’s just a way of explaining; Neville’s who are forced to get up at sparrows fart because they have to work all the god given hours of sunlight. Who’s with me on that one?

Well my ‘corporate’ gets thrown in before the words ‘Fight Club’ which in turn means “Renee you are going to be THAT derrick that gets outta bed like a ninja - throws hay-makers like Bambi avenging her mums deaths - then has the shakes like Jack in Titanic when that Aussie chick wouldn’t scooch over on that door…” try eating rice with chopsticks when you are in that state! (Dear Coach, if you are reading this..I OBVIOUSLY didn’t eat any carbs - not from lack of trying though - you’re welcome, warm ReGarts RG)

“all in the name of charity….all in the name of charity….all in the name of…RIGHT I GET IT!!!!”

NOW - majority of the people I come across think I’m ….earmuffs… fucking crazy…for saying yes to boxing, but I’m actually loving it - however - then they ask “well when is it?” to which the response is…late May, early June. “Oh, wow…that’s months away”… shit…it is…now, when in this state of mind, it is not advisable to be around anyone that may have other ‘offers’ for you to ‘partake in’ to keep you busy between ‘hot outs’ pun intended for those of you playing along at home.

INSERT All Stars week (NRL Indigenous All Stars) I meet a lovely chap by the name of Hayden Knowles (google him) …long story short in two weeks time he is putting together a 4x100m celebrity challenge infront of the Sydney Track Classic. Now apparently I listen on to his quick proposal like it is a freshly opened bag of CC’s - and well, like their add campaign says- you can’t say no to CC’s!

INSERT KAYNE WEST STYLE INTERRUPTION IN THE FORM OF A NOTE TO SELF:
Dear Renee, imma let you finish… but what the fuck are you thinking?!?! yeah…you USE to partake in little A’s…but you wrapped that up like a burger at kfc when you were 16!….Your hammies have got less stretch in them then a concrete pillar in Rome…but jog on hero…let’s see how this pans out. you’re welcome. warm ReGarts RG.

sooooo imagine the horror on my coaches face when I tell him the predicament a metaphorical bag of CC’s just got me in…time to inject some sprint training into my routine…this really upped the anti in ‘what the fuck are you thinking?’ responses I was already getting from those around me! Care for some CC’s??

So here I am, less then a week out…On Saturday night at 6:30pm at Homebush Olympic Park I will be stepping on to the bright red…rubbery, tartan track…with athletes that will be heading over to London to represent the green and gold like a boss!!…and then there is me…standing shoulder to shoulder with Matt Shirvington, Wendell Sailor…Reidy (Andrew Reid from Bondi Rescue), Freddy Fittler, Mic Vella, Roz Kelly & Erin Molan. we are all going toe-to-toe on the home stretch in the 4x100m….

All in the name of charity…all in the name of charity… (Read more here http://bit.ly/yXRkJQ )
I think the most profound words of enthusiasm came from my old man (Former Manly, Roosters,Balmain and Australian winger & centre - who earned the nick name ‘Frogs eyes’ for the way his eyes bulged out of his head when he hit full stride towards the try line…I in turn inherited ‘Frogs eyes Jnr’)

“You are kidding aren’t you?! Hope you have booked in to see the physio to have your hamstrings tied back together on Sunday. Love you more, DAD”

Thanks Rusty - you Derrick…no really…thanks - I have booked in for when I land back on the Gold Coast AND - I have also taken a firm stance against being around anymore bags of CC’s…
Until next time - you’re welcome. Warm ReGarts. RG.

No comments:

Post a Comment